August – Get in the Zone for Halloween
Halloween is getting close, soon enough the kids will be filling the streets trick or treating and the adults will be on their way to parties. Always dressed up, obviously, but not always prepared – 29% of Halloween costume shopping is left until the last minute.
Get Ahead with Mobile
- 66% of online shoppers look up more product information now than they did a few years back.
- Mobile conversion rates have increased by 29% in the past year.
What to do:
- Think Local – Since 2011 Google search interest in ‘Near Me’ has increased by 34 times, and 80% of those searches happen on mobile devices.
- Simple & Relevant – 60% of consumers who look for something on their mobile device visit a shop within a day, 18% of those people make a purchase on that day.
- Preparation – Think about the scenarios in which people will be searching for your business, don’t forget to factor in generic search trends such as “coffee near me” and “cafes near me” for example.
Looking for Business Opportunities
- Horror Films – Interest in horror films has grown by 16.28%.
- Movie Themes Costumes – Halloween outfits based on movie characters have become immensely popular, costumes from Captain America, Guardians of the Galaxy and The Avengers all made it into the top 10 last year.
- Makeup – Search frequencies for makeup spike during this time of the year, half the people dressing up for Halloween will need special effects makeup, 1 in 3 of those people have already started planning their outfits and makeup.
– Google Trends, 2014-2016.
– Google Analytics aggregated data, April 1-14 2015.
– Consumers in the Micro-Moment, Google/Ipsos, U.S., May 2015.
– Google Data, October 2014.
– Google Consumer Survey, 2014.
- CMS (1)
- Content Marketing (5)
- Content Writing (4)
- Digital Tips & Insights (22)
- Email Marketing (2)
- Google (11)
- Guides (2)
- Industry News (2)
- Mobile Search (3)
- Odyssey New Media News (1)
- PPC (4)
- SEO (18)
- Social Media (20)
- Uncategorised (5)
- Video (3)
- Video Conference (1)