September – Get in First this Christmas
People love looking forward to Christmas, in fact, 40% of shoppers start their Christmas research as early as the end of October. The Christmas holidays can bring out the adventurous side of people too, with 64% of people open to the idea of purchasing from a new retailer during the festive season.
Move Ahead with Remarketing
- 90% of consumers switch between screens to complete tasks.
- Users who switch screens are twice as likely to be influenced by targeted ads.
What to do:
- Collect Data – Use analytics to get a real-time view of your visitors in order to get an idea of who your most valuable customers are.
- Optimise your Targeting – Try tailoring your content to the people who have converted on your site or those who have completed goals, such as adding items to their cart or contacting you regarding product details.
- Expand your Audience – Try bidding on Google ads to appear at the top of the page, during the Christmas shopping period these advertisements are more likely to convert for your business.
Looking for Business Opportunities
- This year’s most popular Christmas gifts are set to be clothes, toys, and entertainment products, followed closely by watches, jewellery, and electronic gifts.
- Wearable technology is a new craze that grew in search density by 100% in 2015.
- Romantic gifts are a popular choice, in 2014 mobile searches for “Christmas gift for boyfriend” increased a month earlier than “Christmas gift for girlfriend”.
– Google Trends, 2014-2015.
– Google Consumer Surveys, 2013-2014.
– CACI Research.
– IMRG Capgemini m-Retail Sales Index.
– Ipsos mediaCT, Google post-holiday shopping intentions study, 2015.
– Google Data, March 2015.
– Network for Good, Chronicle of Philanthropy, 2013.
- CMS (1)
- Content Marketing (5)
- Content Writing (4)
- Digital Tips & Insights (22)
- Email Marketing (2)
- Google (11)
- Guides (2)
- Industry News (2)
- Mobile Search (3)
- Odyssey New Media News (1)
- PPC (4)
- SEO (18)
- Social Media (20)
- Uncategorised (5)
- Video (3)
- Video Conference (1)