December – Get Prepared for the Post-Christmas Sales
Christmas will soon be here, and so will the January sales. Christmas Day mobile searches related to the after Christmas sales have increased by 74% year on year. Although many shoppers visit physical shops during the sales, 84% of smartphone users still reach for their phones whilst they’re there.
Move Ahead with Remarketing
- The average CTR for regular display advertising is 0.07%.
- The average CTR for remarketing display ads is 0.7%.
What to do:
- Don’t be Repetitive – Avoid using same copy for existing customers and prospective clients. Ensure that your messages vary depending on customer queries and pages they’ve visited.
- Frequency Capping – Make sure you’re not bombarding potential customers with advertisements, if your ads are following them everywhere they may feel stalked and your ROI may take a hit.
- Understand Impact – If you are measuring based on last-click attribution, remarketing can steal credit from other channels, so try to set a lower CPA target for remarketing.
Looking for Business Opportunities
- Smart Lightbulbs – Smart lightbulbs are becoming very popular, searches are up 36% this year.
- Smart TVs – During the 2014 Christmas sales, searches for smart TVs grew by 28%, overtaking searches for other TV specs.
– Google Data, January 2013 to December 2014.
– Google Data, March 2015.
- CMS (1)
- Content Marketing (5)
- Content Writing (4)
- Digital Tips & Insights (22)
- Email Marketing (2)
- Google (10)
- Guides (2)
- Industry News (2)
- Mobile Search (2)
- Odyssey New Media News (1)
- PPC (4)
- SEO (18)
- Social Media (19)
- Uncategorised (3)
- Video (3)
- Video Conference (1)