Win hearts this Valentine’s Day
Cupid isn’t here yet, but 1 in 3 consumers are so loved-up they start their Valentine’s Day shopping in January. Last year, people began searching for romantic gift ideas as early as January 7th. It’s time to get in the mood for love.
Score with Mobile
- 37% of 2015 Valentine’s Day traffic was on mobile and it’s growing 40% year-on-year.
- 3x as many searches for “gifts for boyfriend” as “gifts for girlfriend” were recorded last February.
How to perform:
- Start early – Bid on “gift ideas” terms in mid-January to get in front of shoppers whilst they’re researching, and invest in weekend mobile coverage. Switch to purchase messaging by February 8th to target last-minute buyers.
- Step up your budgets – After February 8th, set your budgets to at least 5x what you were spending and start checking your budget twice a day.
- Boost your mobile bids – Put more money behind mobile to keep above the fold and remember to check your mobile position each day. Increase your mobile spend by at least 20% at weekends.
Look for Business Opportunities
- Jewellery searches are up 42% on last year across categories – 24% of shoppers are planning to buy their loved one something sparkly for Valentine’s Day.
- Gifts saw a 27% leap.
- Flowers jumped by 18%.
- Google Internal Data, Valentine’s Day category.
- Google Trends, 2011-2015.
- CMS (1)
- Content Marketing (3)
- Content Writing (3)
- Digital Tips & Insights (18)
- Google (7)
- Guides (1)
- Industry News (1)
- Mobile Search (2)
- Odyssey New Media News (1)
- PPC (4)
- SEO (15)
- Social Media (13)
- Video (1)
- Video Conference (1)