Race Ahead to Easter
Shoppers start searching for Easter items as early as mid-February. Last year, the average family spend on sweets, clothes and other Easter goodies was 12% higher online than in stores. Mixing online and offline, searches for opening hours increase 1800% as the big weekend gets close.
Go Further with YouTube
- 70% of consumers make video part of their shopping experience – 40% agree brand videos influence their decisions.
- 41% of YouTube users tak action after seeing an advert. This is done by clicking, visiting a wesbite or making a purchase.
How to Perform
- Be mobile ready – Mobile searches rise from an average of 22% to 38% just before Easter. So increase your mobile bids and move on to purchase messages 4-8 days ahead of the big day.
- Amplify you video content – Use display and TrueView ads targeted by interest categories to get people seeing your content. Think “Foodies”, “Cooking Enthusiasts” or “Home Decor”.
- Do DIY – Reach home-loving consumers with DIY videos. Baking, decorating and entertainment are also strong performers.
Look for Business Opportunities
- Chocolate is getting more love than ever. Regardelss of device, searches for chocolate went up 43% between April 2013 and April 2014 – mobile queries grew 88%.
- Trips and holidays are also part of the story – 47% of customers said they look into them at Easter.
- Google brand impact of TrueView Meta Analysis, October 2012.
- Google Consumer Survey Dec 2014 n=1000.
- Advertising (1)
- CMS (1)
- Content Marketing (6)
- Content Writing (4)
- Digital Tips & Insights (24)
- Email Marketing (2)
- Google (12)
- Guides (2)
- Industry News (2)
- Mobile Search (3)
- Odyssey New Media News (1)
- PPC (4)
- SEO (22)
- Social Media (23)
- Uncategorised (10)
- Video (4)
- Video Conference (1)
- Web Usability (1)