Email Marketing as a marketing strategy has been around for many years now and is still an effective form of digital marketing. It is still a great way to reach your customers and encourage them to engage with your business. In this blog post, we’ll be giving you some tips on how to enhance your business’ email marketing strategy.
Developing Your Contact List
Before even thinking about starting to send emails, you need to develop an audience to whom you’ll be sending your emails to. It’s no good sending your email to people that won’t be interested in your business. There are multiple ways that you can build your audience:
- If you have been collecting your customer’s emails when they have been buying your products or when they sign up to be a client, you can use all of these emails in your audience.
- Another technique is to add a form onto your website, whereby people can fill out their details for them to receive emails from the company.
- You can also share it on social media, whereby you can push your followers to sign up for your email newsletters.
Instead of sending all of your emails to the same people, you should look at segmenting your audience. Once you have a segmentation strategy in place, your email campaigns will be much more targeted to your audience.
For example, you’re offering 15% off your trainers for customers that you have already bought from your shoe shop. How can you pinpoint these users? The simple answer is through segmentation. The most effective way is to filter your audience list for people that have previously bought from your store and send this email to that audience list.
Getting Personal Works Well
Whenever there is an opportunity to add some form of personalisation to your email, take that opening. Whether that’s remarketing e.g., they have left something in their basket, so you can remind them about the product or simply addressing them with their name. Most email marketing tools allow you to enter shortcodes that will be then swapped with the individual’s name.
Make Sure That Your CTAs Stand Out
As an email marketer, you work tirelessly to ensure that your subject titles and email copy is perfect, however, you need to ensure that you have the relevant call to actions in place to get users to click through onto your website. Instead of using generic CTAs like ‘buy now’ or ‘view online’ try and come up with CTAs that will catch the reader’s attention. For Example, ‘Buy Now and Get 20% off at Checkout’
The Importance of Mobile
The majority of people now open their emails on their mobile, it’s a lot more straightforward than opening your laptop and waiting for it to boot up. 85% of users use smartphones to access their email. For those aged 25-34, this rate is even higher at 90%. This data just shows the importance of mobile when thinking about email marketing. You may ask, how do you tailor your email marketing strategy to mobile users?
- Producing responsive email design which focuses on reader experience.
- CTAs need to be clear and concise, ensure that the buttons you use are easily visible to the reader.
- Optimise subject line for mobile users – keeping your subject line short and precise allows the user to understand exactly what the email is about.
Contact our Email Marketing Team
Get in touch with our team of Email Marketers who have the knowledge and know-how to develop an effective email marketing strategy, allowing you to enhance the number of leads and conversions your business gets. Call our team on 0121 439 5450, alternatively fill out our contact form.
- Advertising (1)
- CMS (1)
- Content Marketing (6)
- Content Writing (4)
- Digital Tips & Insights (24)
- Email Marketing (2)
- Google (12)
- Guides (2)
- Industry News (2)
- Mobile Search (3)
- Odyssey New Media News (1)
- PPC (4)
- SEO (22)
- Social Media (23)
- Uncategorised (10)
- Video (4)
- Video Conference (1)
- Web Usability (1)