Boost brand awareness and reach new customers. Display Ad Management from Google qualified experts.Enquire Now
What is Display Advertising?
Display advertising refers to online adverts that display a feature, whether visual, audio or video content. It allows businesses to increase their website traffic and popularity by advertising it for others to see; usually, these display ads accompany a piece of content on a specific page that is usually relevant to your advertiser’s website.
Our PPC Services Include
- ✔ Campaign & Account Setup
- ✔ Advanced Keyword Research
- ✔ Ad Copy Writing
- ✔ Bid Management
- ✔ Negative Keyword Management
- ✔ Analytics setup, customisation and goal tracking
- ✔ Performance tracking and analysis
- ✔ Google Ads Training, Strategies and Implementation
- ✔ Plus many other PPC services available…
Why Choose Odyssey New Media
A Digital Marketing Company with a Full Range of Services
Years of Experience
We have over 15 years of collective experience in managing and improving PPC campaigns.More info
We are Google certified AdWords experts and we are also Bing qualified PPC consultants.More info
We develop personalised PPC strategies that cater to your need and your budget.More info
What is the Google Display Network?
Display advertising is a popular form of paid digital marketing, so popular in fact that Google themselves have a network for display ads, called Google Display Network. The Google Display Network, as well as display advertising in general, allows you to reach new customers on different platforms, have control over where your advertisements appear and gives your business opportunity to be engaged with from individuals who would otherwise not be interested.
The Different Types of Display Ads
There are five main types of display ad which also come in four different display sizes.
- Video Display Ads – These are extremely common among a great number of websites. When the display ad appears a video starts to play immediately. These videos tend to be general adverts, similar to those seen on television, or vlogs and content from video-focused social media platforms (such as YouTube).
- Sponsorship Display Ads – These display ads typically include a company logo, product and name. Mainly used to create brand awareness and, in some cases, is a form of remarketing.
- Overlaying Display Ads – These display advertisements are features that cover the webpage they are featuring upon, either entirely or partially. The main purpose of this form of display ads is to get engagements with the advertiser as online users cannot continue using the page without engaging with the advert.
- Interstitial Display Ads – Similarly to Overlaying display ads users must engage with the advertisement before they can continue to view the page they intend to. However these display adverts appear before the page is loaded.
- Rich Media Ads – Rich Media Ads require users to engage with the display ad before becoming fully active (polite), usually containing audio or video, Rich Media Ads can sometimes be triggered automatically (impolite).
The Right and Wrong Way to Use Display Ads
When display advertising campaigns lack strategy and display ads are placed on random websites they garner very little success, due to the rising popularity of software such as Adblock.
Odyssey New Media craft display advertising strategies specific to your business, wants and needs. When done correctly display advertising can do incredible things for a business.
Awesome, I'd like to start a project now
If you would like to discuss your advertising needs with our digital marketing experts, then please get in touch with us.
Related From the Blog
Digital Tips & Insights
Win hearts this Valentine’s Day Cupid isn’t here yet, but 1 in 3 consumers are so loved-up they start their Valentine’s Day shopping in January. Last year, people began searching for romantic gift ideas as early as January 7th. It’s time to get in the mood for love. Score with Mobile 37% of 2015 Valentine’s … ContinuedRead more
Digital Tips & Insights
October 2016 – Move Ahead During the Winter Holidays Consumers seem to live by the saying “The early bird gets the worm”. It’s only October, but they’re already starting to think about their winter holidays. Searches for skiing begin as early as three months before the ski season, and brands are a popular thing. On … ContinuedRead more
Your business can go beyond keywords and save money with AdWords and Remarketing Lists for Search Ads (RLSAs). RLSAs where first introduced in the summer of 2013, but even today, they are still underused. With RLSAs, ad spend is used more efficiently and improves conversion rates, giving a better return on investment (ROI). They help … ContinuedRead more
Digital Tips & Insights
September – Get in First this Christmas People love looking forward to Christmas, in fact, 40% of shoppers start their Christmas research as early as the end of October. The Christmas holidays can bring out the adventurous side of people too, with 64% of people open to the idea of purchasing from a new retailer … ContinuedRead more
Social Media / Facebook
Facebook is already big but for businesses Facebook is set to be bigger and may possibly compete with Google, in the near future. Facebook has a clear goal to connect with everyone and at all times, which will make it the number one personal and business platform of the future. Mark Zuckerberg recently announced that … ContinuedRead more
Google has announced large changes to Product Listing Ads (PLAs) and these are being rolled out to benefit businesses using shopping campaigns, during July. Showcase Shopping Ads allow visitors to browse collections of products from online and local retailers. In addition to these changes, TrueView will offer more advertising opportunities and an automatic currency conversion … ContinuedRead more